Colquhalzie (site of)
Colquhalzie was a substantial tower house dating back to at least the 16th century, but nothing of it now remains.
The lands of Colquhalzie were owned by the Inglis family in the 15th century and the property is marked on Timothy Pont’s late 16th century map as Codhichoilly or Coulchailly. In the 17th century the estate passed to the Drummond family.
The exact site of the castle isn’t known, however a mansion of 1729 is now the focal point of the estate. This house may have replaced or incorporated the older building.
Alternative names for Colquhalzie
Codhichoilly; Colquhalzie House; Coulchailly