Cleghorn Castle (site of)
Cleghorn Castle was a castle belonging to the Lockhart family in the 15th century, but nothing of it now remains.
In October 1536 Alexander Lokkart of Gleghorne acted as curator for the late Margaret Mowat of Stanehouse.
In the 18th century the castle was partially destroyed by fire and was incorporated into a new mansion. Cleghorn House was demolished in the 20th century but the estate is still owned by the Elliot Lockhart family.
Alternative names for Cleghorn Castle
Cleghorn House; Gleghorne