Castle Cluggy is a ruined tower house which dates back to the 15th century and possibly earlier.
In a charter from Ochtertyre dated 1467 the castle is referred to as an “antiquum fortalicium” suggesting origins older than the 15th century.
The castle stands on high ground next to Loch Monzievaird on a promontory known as the Dry Isle.
The castle appears to have once been known as Monzievaird, with the name Monyuaird appearing on Pont’s late 16th century map close to a tower surrounded by an enclosure or possibly on an island, not far from a Monywaird Kirk.
Castle Cluggy was superseded by Ochtertyre which stands around 200 metres to the north further up the hillside.