There may once have been a castle named Burdyards but any trace of it has now gone.
Alexander Urquhart of Burrowyardis is on record in 1545.
If there was a castle it was later replaced by or possibly incorporated into the sprawling mansion of Sanquhar House which was demolished some time after 1959.
The site is now occupied by a housing estate which had been constructed by 1984.
Alternative names for Burdyards
Burdsyards; Burrowyardis; House of Sanchar; Sanquhar House