The east wing of the present Biel House incorporates the earlier tower house of Biel Castle. There are conflicting reports suggesting that this tower house may date to the 12th, 14th or 16th centuries.
What is known is that Biel House was extended to the west in the 1760s, and to the east by William Atkinson between 1814 and 1818. Almost all of Atkinson’s additions were removed in 1952.
Alternative names for Biel House