Balcarres House is a 16th century tower house which was extended in the late 17th century and remodelled in the 19th century.
When Sir Philip Anstruther of Anstruther commissioned a new house at Anstruther in 1663 he specified that the entrance gate should “conform to the principal gate of Belcarres”.
Alternative names for Balcarres House
Where is Balcarres House?
Balcarres House is in the parish of Kilconquhar and the county of Fife.
Grid reference:NO 47408 04408
Lat / long:56.22930200,-2.84986150