Baads Castle (site of)
Baads Castle “stood on the west side of the road to Carnwath, near Baddo Mill” and was probably built around 1558 by the Douglas family.
It was burned in 1736, and no visible evidence of the castle survives, although Baads Mains is thought to be built on the site of the castle and is in a good defensive position. The nearby farm buildings at Little Harwood (NT 0164 6143), around 900 metres east of Baads Mains, are built with very old stones, on one of which is inscribed the date 1661, and it’s possible that these stones may have come from the castle.
Alternative names for Baads Castle
Baads Mains, Badds Castle