The Fortalice Of Ardendraught is mentioned in the diary of General Patrick Gordon of Auchleuchries (1635 – 1699) as being granted to Alexander Hay of Delgatty by John, Lord Glamis in 1519:
Charter and sasine of the shadow half of Ardendraught and superiority of Auchleuchries.?
(A..D. 1510 et A.D. 1550. From the MS. Inventory of the Erroll Papers at Slaines.)
12 Charter by John, lord Glammis, to Alexander Hay of Delgatty, of the shadow half of the lands of Ardendraught, with the tower and fortalice thereof, the lands of Brodmuir, and the fishing upon the water of Cruden called Peris, with the ward thereof, and the superiority of the lands of Auchleuchries. 25 March, 1540. Sasine following thereon. 29 March, 1519.
Nothing now remains on the site however.
Alternative names for Ardendraught
Fortalice Of Ardendracht, Fortalice Of Ardendraucht, Fortalice Of Ardendraugh, Fortalice Of Ardendraught