crannogs in Scotland
You can see the distribution of crannogs on the map below, and you can zoom in to find particular sites.
Clicking on a marker will reveal the name of the crannog and a link to a page about it.
Further below is an alphabetical list of the crannogs in Scotland that have been added to the Stravaiging around Scotland ancient sites database.
- Loch Breachachacrannog in Coll, Argyll
- Dumbuckcrannog in Old Kilpatrick, Dunbartonshire
- Elan-Rossdhucrannog in Luss, Dunbartonshire
- Loch Of Leyscrannog in Banchory-Ternan, Kincardineshire
- Eilean nam Faoileagcrannog in Fortingall, Perthshire
- Isle of Loch Tay (possible)crannog in Kenmore, Perthshire
- Loch Freuchiecrannog in Dull, Perthshire
- Loch Lubnaigcrannog in Callander, Perthshire
- Neish Islandcrannog in Comrie, Perthshire
- Langbankcrannog in Erskine, Renfrewshire
- Langbank Eastcrannog in Erskine, Renfrewshire
- Langbank Westcrannog in Erskine, Renfrewshire
- Eilean na Faoileagcrannog in Kiltearn, Ross and Cromarty
- Clairinshcrannog in Buchanan, Stirlingshire
- Inchcruincrannog in Buchanan, Stirlingshire
- Mill Cairncrannog in Buchanan, Stirlingshire
- Strathcashell Pointcrannog in Buchanan, Stirlingshire
- Cults Loch 1crannog in Inch, Wigtownshire