This is a beautifully-situated site, standing on the wide flood plain of the River Earn with views to the hills dividing Strathearn from Glen Lednock to the north and Glen Artney to the south.
Only two stones remain of what was probably an original four-poster (four stones were marked on the 1867 OS map). They stand on a slight circular mound which is clearly visible, the grass on the mound growing a different colour to the surrounding field. Around 1883 a third stone fell over and was removed. The western stone has at least four cup-marks incised on it.
The stones are 6.70m apart, and are 1.50m and 1.40m tall
Alternative names for Wester Tullybannocher
Comrie; Twenty Schilling Wood; Twenty Shilling Wood; Wester Tullybanocher
OS Map for Wester Tullybannocher
OS Explorer map 368/OL47
Buy from Ordnance Survey