The stone is a large slab, 2.0m in height by 0.6m wide and 0.2m thick, giving it similar proportions to the nearby Clach Glas. On either side is carved a large simple cross, but it is clear from looking at the stone that this is a christianised standing stone.
Writing in 1925, JH Dixon described how it was supposed to have been connected with a chapel of St Maroc on the terrace above the Tay‘s flood plain, although no trace of such a building can now be found.
OS Map for Haugh Cottages
OS Explorer map 386/OL49
Buy from Ordnance Survey
Alternative names for Haugh Cottages
Westhaugh Of Tulliemet cross slab