Elan-Rossdhu is a crannog, upon which Elan-Rossdhu Castle was built, probably some time before the 15th century.
The crannog was granted to Maldouen, the First of Luss, by Alwyn, the Second Earl of Lennox, some time before 1220. It was later confirmed as a possession of Gillemore, the Second of Luss, in a charter by Maldouen, the Third Earl of Lennox, in or just after 1225. Later still the crannog was confirmed to belong to Gilliemore’s son Maldoven.
OS Map for Elan-Rossdhu
OS Explorer map 347/OL38
Buy from Ordnance Survey
Weather at Elan-Rossdhu
max 1°C / min 0°C
Weather observed at Balloch at 02:50
Alternative names for Elan-Rossdhu
Ellan Rossdhu; Inchfreithillane; Rosdew